Individual Retirement Accounts, usually referred to as “IRAs,” are one of the best ways to save on taxes and prepare for retirement, a college education, or even a first home.
It’s Easy to Get Started!
- To open an insured, deposit-based IRA account, visit any SCCU branch.
- To open an investment-based IRA, meet with one of our Financial Advisors (Please note: IRAs cannot be opened online or over the phone.)
SCCU Deposit IRA features:
- Choose an IRA Savings Account or open an IRA CD
- Start with a payroll deduction, or an initial deposit of $100.
- No minimum yearly deposit; make as many or as few deposits as you like.
- No annual maintenance fees! Keep 100% of what you earn.
- Your IRA account information will be included on your monthly SCCU statement.
- Interest is earned from the day of deposit to the day of withdrawal and may be tax deferred. Consult your tax advisor for specific tax advantages related to Individual Retirement Accounts.
TIP: Many members use an IRA savings account to accumulate a specific amount, then use that money to open a higher-rate CD.
- Exploring Your IRA Options
- Roth IRA
- Traditional IRA
- Coverdell Education Savings Account (ESAs)
- Growing Your Savings
- Balancing Rising Health Care Costs
- Rolling Your Way to a Better Retirement
- Moving Into a Roth IRA
- Securing Your Retirement One SEP at a Time
- Taking a Closer Look at Roth Eligibility