The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) requires that we inform parents and legal guardians about how we collect, use, and disclose personal information from children. The term “parent” below includes legal guardians.
- Site traffic records. SCCU collects information on domain names and dates and times of visits to SCCU.com. This information, which includes NO personal identifiers, allows SCCU to record traffic and improve its navigation and content.
Visitor information is NEVER sold, given, or disclosed to third parties.
- Cookies. SCCU does NOT require the use of per–session cookies. However, for visitors’ convenience in navigating the magazine, SCCU may still use temporary cookies, which are automatically erased after visitors close their web browsers. Cookie information is NEVER sold, given, or disclosed to third parties.
- Visitor ratings of SCCU products and content. SCCU plans to institute a feedback mechanism whereby visitors can rate SCCU products, services, and website content on a five–point interest scale. SCCU will record raw content rating numbers and any provided reviews. Members over the age of 13 may agree to share their review with other website visitors, but no member information (with the exception of a first and last initial, or a first name and last initial) will be published. The content rating information is NEVER sold, given, or disclosed to third parties.
- E–mail. SCCU may use feedback information from visitors to respond to inquiries, comments, or suggestions. E–mail information is NEVER sold, given, or disclosed to third parties.
- Children Under Age 13. We recognize the particular importance of protecting privacy where children are involved. We are committed to protecting children's privacy on the Internet. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. If a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personally identifiable information, we ask that a parent or guardian contact us by calling 1-800-356-9655, ext. 4087 or by email and we will delete the information about the child from our files.
- Children Over Age 13. Children age 13 and over may enter in certain contests/sweepstakes through SCCU.com. At the time of entry, they will be asked for their name, address, e–mail address, and date of birth (to confirm age).
Personally identifying information is NEVER sold, given, or disclosed to third parties.
Upon the request of a user or a user’s parent or guardian, SCCU will delete all personally identifying information about that user from our files.