Home Affordable Refinance Program (HARP) with Space Coast Credit Union
The HARP application is now available. Please follow the steps below to determine if you qualify for a HARP refinance and to submit your application.
Due to the high volume of HARP applications, an SCCU Mortgage Representative will contact you within three business days. We estimate that the complete processing of your loan will take approximately ninety (90) days from date of application.
The Home Affordable Refinance Program (HARP) provides borrowers, who may not otherwise qualify for refinancing because of declining home values, the ability to refinance their mortgages into a lower interest rate and/or more stable mortgage product. There is no fee to apply for a HARP refinance, and you can refinance without paying any closing costs.*
Space Coast Credit Union is now accepting applications for the following groups of homeowners who qualify for a HARP refinance:
- Space Coast Credit Union members with a Space Coast Credit Union Mortgage where the mortgage balance is greater than 80% of the home's value and the loan was sold to Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac on or before May 31, 2009
- Space Coast Credit Union members with a mortgage held by another lender where the mortgage balance is equal to or less than 150% of the home's value and the loan was sold to Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac on or before May 31, 2009
Steps to Submit Your HARP Application (click on each step for details):
Look up your loan with Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac using the information below.
If your loan is listed on one of the websites, move to step two.
Determine if you meet the HARP minimum qualifications. If your loan meets these minimum qualifications, move to step three. Note: Meeting minimum qualifications does not guarantee an approval.
- I have never modified or refinanced this loan using HARP.
- Loan was sold to Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac on or before May 31, 2009. SCCU will verify this prior to contacting you to begin the application process.
- Acceptable payment history for 12 months prior to refinance: No 30 day delinquency in the past six months and no more than one 30 day delinquency in months seven through twelve.
After verifying that you meet the minimum HARP qualifications, please complete an SCCU Online Mortgage Application using the link below.
There is no fee to apply for a HARP refinance, and you can refinance without paying any closing costs.*
I'm Not Eligible for SCCU's HARP Program. What are My Options?
If you do not qualify for HARP, SCCU may have additional options for refinancing your current mortgage. Please call Express Sales using the numbers below or apply online.
For more information on HARP or other home owner assistance programs, visit:
Mortgage loans are originated by Space Coast Credit Union. Mortgage loan programs constitute first mortgage liens secured by the home and property. Member is responsible for any funds needed for closing costs and pre-paid escrow.
*No Closing Cost option available for HARP refinances only. Member may opt to pay closing costs and receive a lower interest rate. Contact SCCU for complete closing cost details.