About Space Coast Credit Union
Space Coast Credit Union's Mission Statement:
To Create Value in Cooperative Ownership
Bank or Credit Union - What's the Difference?
A credit union is a member-owned financial cooperative. The members pool their money and use it to provide financial products to themselves and other members. Profits are returned to members in the form of lower interest rates on loans, higher returns on deposit accounts, lower fees, and more free services than typically provided by a bank.
A credit union gives back to its members and the community it serves every day by providing services without the need to generate excess profits to pay out to stockholders or private owners. Members can trust in the products and services offered by their credit union, because the only reasons profits are generated are to pay for operating the credit union and to provide a return to the members.
Because of their structure, credit unions have no motive to engage in deceptive advertising or predatory lending. They want what is best for their members, especially providing sound financial advice to members, in order to protect the interests of all who participate in the cooperative.
The existence of credit unions offers a market-based pricing control that benefits all consumers of financial services. Without this member-owned institution, there would be no financial institution whose sole interest was to price services to benefit you, the customer.
About Space Coast Credit Union:
Space Coast Credit Union has been serving members since 1951. We are currently the 3rd largest credit union in Florida, serving over 225,000 members with assets of over $3 billion. Membership is open to all who live or work in the Florida counties listed below, as well as to the immediate family of current members.
Over the years, the financial services we offer have expanded as the needs of our members have changed. We offer all the services that members need to run their personal households or small and medium-sized businesses.
To meet the current needs of our members, SCCU offers online services, account access by phone, and a network of branches and ATMs in order to provide convenient access to the financial products and services members need to make purchases, finance homes and businesses, save money, build a strong credit history, and plan for the future.
SCCU takes the cooperative concept even further with our exclusive Member Rewards Program, which rewards those members who actively participate in the cooperative with additional benefits. Simply put, the more you do with SCCU, the more you get in the form of free or discounted services and bonus deposit rates. To provide the most benefits, we combine all the activity and balances for your entire household (members living at the same address). Program benefits start when you use any combination of your checking account, debit card, and/or credit card just 5 times during a month to make purchases or pay bills.
SCCU Members' Watchdog Program:
We look to our members to provide open and honest feedback about our products and services through the SCCU Members' Watchdog Program. You will see member-generated ratings and reviews throughout our website that display the true voice of our members.
SCCU in the Community:
SCCU supports both our members and our community with services that go beyond deposits and loans.
- We use our extensive branch network to raise funds for the United Way, local emergencies such as the hurricane damage that impacted our area in 2004, and events of national and international concern such as the extensive damage from Hurricane Katrina and the earthquake that devastated Haiti in 2010.
- We area an Equal Opportunity Employer providing over 800 jobs, all located within the Florida communities that we serve, that provide full benefits, a tuition reimbursement program, and opportunities for career advancement.
- We partner with local businesses through our Member Discount Program in order to provide special value for our members while helping our corporate neighbors grow their businesses.
- We support learning in our communities through our Education Donation Program, which allows our members to funnel many modest donations together to create a significant funding resource for classroom teachers and school organizations.
- We facilitate our members' ability to support cancer patients and their families through our Pink Charitable Credit Card Program. Members who carry this card have chosen to donate half the Scorecard Rewards points they earn each month on their Visa Platinum Credit Cards to the Florida Breast Cancer Foundation.
- We protect the interests of our members through ongoing interaction with our elected representatives, and facilitate member participation in these interactions through our Legislative Ambassador Program.
Who Can Join? You Can!
Membership in Space Coast Credit Union is open to all who work or live in Brevard, Broward, Flagler, Indian River, Martin, Miami-Dade, Monroe, Orange, Osceola, Palm Beach, Seminole, St. Johns, St. Lucie, or Volusia Counties in Florida, and to the immediate families of current SCCU members.
You can join and open your accounts simply and quickly by calling Express Sales and speaking to an Associate.
- Calling hours are Monday - Friday, 8am-6:30pm, and Saturday, 9am-3pm
- Se Habla Español
Or, get the process started online!