New Directions Checking Account
Our New Directions checking account provides basic checking services for members with a negative credit history. This account also provides members with the opportunity to add additional services based on a history of good account management.
Best Choice If:
- You have some negative credit history
- You want a checking account with multiple free features
SCCU's New Directions Checking Account has everything you need to run your household, including:
- $25 minimum opening deposit
- New Directions Savings Account required as your primary SCCU account
- No minimum balance required
- $10 monthly maintenance fee (monthly fee applies regardless of Member Rewards level)
- After you have held the account for at least one year, you may contact SCCU to request conversion to a regular account relationship. Approval will be dependent on your account history
- Unlimited teller withdrawals
- No direct deposit requirement
- FREE Visa Debit card with no deposit capability and $100 withdrawal limit (Debit cards issued subject to our usual credit criteria)
- Checks other than the approved, verified payroll check will be deposited to the savings account and will be held for 11 business days.
- FREE Online Banking
- FREE online statements
- FREE Bill Payer
- FREE Direct Deposit. We'll even deliver your form right to your Human Resources department!
- FREE CALL-24 Telephone Banking
- FREE ATM Transactions at any of SCCU's over 100 convenient locations
- FREE BudgetMaster service
- Waived fees at non-SCCU ATMs, and more based on your household's Member Rewards™ level
- No paid NSF service available (SCCU will not honor checks submitted for amounts greater than the available balance)
- Available Automatic Overdraft Transfer Service from your SCCU savings account or credit card
*Debit card will be issued subject to our usual credit criteria.
Who knows the most about SCCU's products? Our members, of course! Read our members' actual comments about their New Directions Checking Account:
Opening your checking account is fast and easy! You can open an account:
An Express Associate can help you select the checking account that best meets your needs. Deposit Account services are available Monday - Friday, 8 am - 6:30 pm and Saturdays 9 am - 3 pm.
Current SCCU Members:
At this time, online account opening is not available for checking. Please call Express Sales.
Prospective SCCU Members:
Submit a secure Online Membership Application and indicate which checking account you would like to open. An Express Associate will contact you by close of the next business day to complete the application process. NOTE: the online application is not required; you may call Express Sales and apply for membership and open your checking account over the phone.
At Any Branch
Visit any of SCCU's convenient branch locations. You'll speak to an Express Associate using the in-branch phone located in a private Express Booth, and can complete all of the paperwork with your Branch Member Service Specialist immediately after your call.