SCCU New Directions Savings
A New Directions Savings Account is our required primary membership alternative account for individuals with a credit score below our normal requirements.
Best Choice If:
- You need a savings account that helps to reestablish your credit history
- You don't want to pay excessive fees
- You struggled in the past at other financial institutions
- You want to earn monthly dividends
An SCCU New Directions Savings Account features:
- Low opening minimum requirement: open a savings account with just $5 (plus a one-time, non-refundable membership fee of $5)
- $300 minimum balance to avoid monthly service charge of $3 if you have no other services with SCCU
- FREE ATM Card (withdrawals only)
- Checks other than the approved, verified payroll check will be deposited to the account and will be held for 11 business days
- 3 teller withdrawals per month FREE; thereafter, a $2 charge for each withdrawal
- $5 check cashing fee if cash back received is greater than the amount you have available on deposit
- Receive monthly dividends
- FREE Online Banking
- FREE Online Statements
- FREE CALL-24 Telephone Banking
- FREE ATM Transactions at any of SCCU's over 100 convenient locations
- FREE BudgetMaster service
- Ability to set up an automatic transfer in Online Banking to help you save regularly*
- Use as an overdraft protection source*
- Waived fees at non-SCCU ATMs, and more based on your household's Member Rewards™ level
*Federal regulation requires SCCU to limit withdrawal to six (6) transactions, within a calendar month, on savings and money market accounts.
Opening your savings account is fast and easy! You can open an account:
An Express Associate can help you select the checking account that best meets your needs. Deposit Account services are available Monday - Friday, 8 am - 6:30 pm and Saturdays 9 am - 3 pm.
Submit a secure Online Membership Application and indicate which savings account you would like to open. An Express Associate will contact you by close of the next business day to complete the application process. NOTE: the online application is not required; you may call Express Sales and apply for membership and open your savings account over the phone.
At Any Branch
Visit any of SCCU's convenient branch locations. You'll speak to an Express Associate using the in-branch phone located in a private Express Booth, and can complete all of the paperwork with your Branch Member Service Specialist immediately after your call.