SCCU Student Savings
This special savings account for youth ages 13 to 17 is designed to begin teaching young members how to prepare for their financial future.
Best Choice If:
- You want an account specifically for your teen that encourages independence
- You want to get your child into the habit of saving
- You want an account with no minimum balance that still earns monthly dividends
An SCCU Student Savings Account features:
- $5 minimum opening deposit and a one-time, non-refundable membership fee of $5
- Does not require a joint account holder
- No minimum balance required; all money on deposit earns monthly dividends
- If you previously opened a Sea Turtle Account for your child, it will automatically convert to a Student Account after your child turns 13
- Access to Prosperity Squared (P2), SCCU's monthly online youth newsletter
- Access to additional fun, informative stories, interactive games and puzzles through the Googolplex 5-Spot Clubhouse
- Optional savings, including a My Way Account, is available
- FREE Online Banking and FREE Online Statements
- FREE CALL-24 Telephone Banking
- ATM card may be obtained with parent or legal guardian guarantor*
*Conditions: Card issued in student account holder's name. Student must be primary on account used to secure card. Co-signer required who is a parent or legal guardian.
This summer, I was given the opportunity to go on a trip to Italy next summer with my seventh grade Civics teacher and a few of my classmates. My first thought was 'How am I going to raise $2,500?' I talked to my mom, and she said that if I earned $500 by August 30th, I could go. Good thing I had all that money saved up in change. At all the places I checked, though, the change machines would keep about 7% of your money. Then my dad told me that if I started or had a Student account at Space Coast Credit Union, I could get my change counted for free. So on the next Monday, my parents and I decided to get me an account at Space Coast. Every time I went to deposit money at SCCU, it's been quick and easy, and the tellers are always really nice and helpful. That's how SCCU helped me save up for my trip to Italy next summer. - Kelsey S., member since July 2007
I really proved to (my parents) that I was serious about getting a car and I did all the correct steps to fulfilling my desire of owning a car. I can't thank SCCU enough for making this possible. - Alicia M., member since June 2007
I discovered a wonderful time saver using SCCU this summer. My grandchildren each have savings accounts at SCCU. I realized directly depositing their birthday checks into their accounts was more convenient than giving checks to their parents. Thanks, SCCU! - Sally M., member since 1991
Opening your savings account is fast and easy! You can open an account:
An Express Associate can help you select the checking account that best meets your needs. Deposit Account services are available Monday - Friday, 8 am - 6:30 pm and Saturdays 9 am - 3 pm.
Submit a secure Online Membership Application and indicate which savings account you would like to open. An Express Associate will contact you by close of the next business day to complete the application process. NOTE: the online application is not required; you may call Express Sales and apply for membership and open your savings account over the phone.
At Any Branch
Visit any of SCCU's convenient branch locations. You'll speak to an Express Associate using the in-branch phone located in a private Express Booth, and can complete all of the paperwork with your Branch Member Service Specialist immediately after your call.