Protect Yourself from Fraud
• Make sure SCCU has your current contact information, including daytime phone number. To verify your information, log on to Online Banking. Click on the “Additional Services” tab. Open the “Personal Information” box. Make any updates and submit.
• NEVER respond to emails, phone calls, or text messages asking for account numbers or other personal information.
• Do not put your Social Security or Driver’s License number on your checks.
• Eliminate personal information from your mailbox by cancelling your paper statements.
• Always review your monthly statements. Report any suspicious charges or activity.
• Reduce the number of credit cards you carry; just one or two are sufficient for everyday use.
Additional Tips for Safe Banking Over the Internet
Additional Cyber Security Tips
The U.S. Computer Emergency Readiness Team (US-CERT) offers a series of tips and advice on how to protect your computer from security threats: http://www.us-cert.gov/ncas/tips