Program Rules and Limitations
- All public and non-public schools and home school instructors within the credit union’s field of membership with grades K through 12.
- Facilities with a terminal grade of Kindergarten are not eligible for this program (i.e., preschools that feature PreK – K programs only).
How to Donate:
Register a recipient as noted below. Then, use your SCCU Platinum Visa® Credit card for purchases as you normally do. You will earn ScoreCard Rewards points for all such purchases. A percentage of those points will be donated each month to your registered recipient(s) based on the information you provided when registering. That’s it! Your donations will appear on your monthly credit card or checking account statement.
Registering a Recipient:
To register a recipient, you must:
- Be an authorized holder of an SCCU Platinum Visa Credit card.
- Complete a “Recipient Registration and Cancellation Form” and submit it to SCCU as noted below.
Register recipients using the secure online form, or you may bring the completed, signed Form to any SCCU branch, or mail or fax to: Space Coast Credit Union, Operations Department, P.O. Box 419001, Melbourne, FL, 32941-9001 FAX: (321) 729-0600. Allow up to 30 days to process the information submitted.
Donation Rules and Limitations:
- You may designate up to 5 recipients that will be divided equally among the donation level chosen.
- You may donate your ScoreCard Rewards points in increments of 10%, 25%, 50%, or 75% each month.
- You may donate using any or all of your SCCU Platinum Visa Credit cards.
- A maximum of 500 points will be deducted from your net monthly points earned for the Education Donation Program. The 500 point monthly maximum is across all recipients (i.e. if you split your points between two recipients, up to 250 points will be given to each recipient). For example, if you earn 2,000 points in a month and signed up to donate 75%, the maximum 500 points would be donated to your recipient(s).
- You will receive an email confirmation of your registration. If you do not have an email address on file with SCCU, you will see your donation(s) on your regular credit card or checking account statement once donations begin.
- Your donation begins in the month that your recipient registration is processed by Space Coast Credit Union and is based on purchase activity that occurs AFTER your recipient is registered. Previously-existing Scorecard points cannot be directed to your recipient as part of this Program.
- Your recipient(s) will receive a letter notifying them of your donation and how to redeem the funds.
- You may cancel or change your registration at any time. Allow up to 30 days of receipt of your notification
for changes to take place.
- If your recipient(s) is a teacher and the teacher changes schools, you will be notified of the change however the donation will not stop unless you notify SCCU. Allow up to 30 days for the change to be implemented.
- If your recipient cannot be found or is no longer employed as a teacher within the SCCU field of membership, you will be notified of the change and your donation will end.
- Your recipients have 13 months to use or lose the donated funds. At no time will you, the donor, be entitled to expired donations or refunds of points.
- Once donated, the ScoreCard Rewards points are non-refundable.
- SCCU retains the right to change or cancel this program at any time without advance notification.
Tracking of available donations for schools, teachers, and organizations:
A monthly summary statement will be produced for each school or home school group with registered recipients and mailed to the school principal, headmaster or home school support group leader.
In addition, monthly statements will also be sent to individual recipients at each school during the regular school year.
Redeeming available donations:
- The Education Donation statements delivered to the schools serves as an expense redemption form and includes redemption instructions. Recipients must:
- Sign the statement where indicated when requesting a redemption.
- Present the signed statement to any SCCU branch teller along with an employee ID issued by the district or school. Home school instructors may present personal photo ID in lieu of school ID.
- Recipients will receive immediate payment for submitted expenses in the form of a check made payable to the registered recipient.
- Payments will not be made to a name that is different from the name on the account.
- “School” redemptions for schools such as to Satellite High School will be made payable to the school. “Organization” redemptions, such as to Satellite High School PTO, will be made payable to the organization
Unredeemed funds will expire thirteen (13) months from the date of donation. For example, balances credited to a recipient’s accrual account in December, 2008 will expire in February, 2010.
If a recipient wishes to change the name on the account, a name change request can be made in person at any SCCU branch using the “School Expense Redemption Form.” The reason for the request must be indicated on the form, and the request must be accompanied by a supporting document, such as a marriage license. The Form will be forwarded to the Operations department for processing.
This Program is subject to change or cancellation without notice.