August 26, 2020 by Space Coast Credit Union
The pandemic has impacted the way we live, but we’re adapting to live and enjoy life more safely. Our shopping and spending habits are some of the things we’ve changed, including our need to shop online. At SCCU, we know that finding the best credit card to shop safely and securely is important, and we’ve been busy behind the scenes revamping our card products to better serve YOU.
Here are three ways using your SCCU credit card can benefit you during the pandemic:
- We get it—it can be daunting to go into a store these days, but we offer contactless debit and credit cards, so you don’t have to worry about touching a heavily-used credit card machine. Contactless is another safe way to pay —you tap, pay, and go. It’s secure because, like chip cards, each transaction is accompanied by a one-time code that protects your payment information. Contactless cards are accepted by grocery stores, pharmacies, restaurants, retailers, fast food eateries, gas stations, and a growing number of small businesses in our communities. Look for this symbol
. . . to “tap and go.”
Visa Zero Liability
- Visa’s Zero Liability Protection gives you peace of mind when making online and in-person purchases because you will be reimbursed for fraudulent purchases if your card is ever lost or stolen.1
- The CardValet® app is a free benefit we offer to all of our cardholders. If your card is ever lost or stolen, you don’t have to rely on going into a branch to get it resolved. By downloading CardValet®, a complimentary app to the SCCU mobile app, you can take advantage of the following features:
- Real-time alerts to keep you informed when the card is being used
- Transaction controls
- The ability to turn your card on and off if you suspect fraud
If you don’t already have an SCCU credit card, now’s the perfect time to choose a product to match your purchasing style. If you’re interested in earning rewards, our Visa Signature®
provides merchandise and cashback rewards, while our Visa® Platinum
offers 1% cashback on all qualifying purchases. If you tend to carry a revolving balance, our Visa® Low Rate
may be the perfect card for you. Or, if you are interested in building your credit, especially if you’re a student, the Visa® Secured
or Visa® Student
cards could be an ideal option. And, don’t forget, all of our credit cards are contactless, so just tap, pay, and delight in secure payments!
If you want to build your credit or reap the rewards from every dollar spent, we have a card that fits your purchasing style. As our Members’ Watchdog, you can shop securely and confidently, knowing we have your back. Contact us today or visit our credit card page to learn more and apply today!
1 VISA ZERO LIABILITY: Covers U.S.-issued cards only. Does not apply to ATM transactions, certain commercial card transactions, PIN, or other transactions not processed by Visa. You must notify SCCU immediately of any unauthorized use. For specific restrictions, limitations, and other details, please consult SCCU.